| || |
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
THIRD PARTY CLOSINGS
1. The third party entity must read the Third Party Policies and Procedures, execute the last page and fax or e-mail this form to Battaglia Law Office at or prior to the submission of the HUD-1 for each third party file.
2. The third party entity must schedule the closing at least five (5) business days prior to the proposed closing date with Battaglia’s closer for the file. The third party entity shall contact Battaglia Law Office telephonically or via email to schedule the closing. Battaglia will respond to the scheduling request within twenty-four (24) hours of said request. Battaglia does not guarantee that a closing can occur within five (5) business days, but will schedule you at the next available time. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no closing shall occur until it is scheduled with Battaglia Law Office.
3. Once the closing date and time is mutually agreed upon between Battaglia Law Office and the third party entity, the third party entity shall prepare the HUD-1 and email to Battaglia Law for approval no later than 1:00 pm five (5) business days prior to the scheduled closing date. Given the foregoing provisions, the third party entity should make every effort to schedule the closing well in advance to avoid having to prepare and submit the settlement statement on the same day the closing is scheduled.
4. Below is the name, telephone number and e-mail address of the Closer handling your file.
Name Telephone Email Address
5. The third party entity is responsible for securing any and all pre-closing information pertaining to the file, including, without limitation, tax statements, homeowner’s association statements, etc.
6. The third party entity must prepare and submit the initial HUD-1 to the Battaglia Law Closer. In preparing the HUD-1, the third party entity must consider the following:
a. HUD will only pay the closing costs set forth in Notice H-2006-12 attached hereto. The HUD-1 must therefore be consistent with this Notice.
b. HUD will pay its settlement agent, Battaglia Law Office, LLC, a fee of $199.00. this item should appear on line 1109 of the HUD-1.
c. HUD WILL NOT PAY ATTORNEY’S FEES OR SETTLMENT AGENT FEES FOR A THIRD APRTY FIRM/ENTITY.
d. HUD will pay up to $10.00 towards the recording of the Special Warranty Deed.
e. Section E of the HUD-1 (Name and Address of Seller) must read as follows: Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, 40 Marietta Street, Five Points Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30303.
f. If corrections are needed Battaglia Law Office will email the HUD-1 with the required correction to the third party attorney.